Translate

Thursday, July 18, 2013

A Few Small Updates

Good morning, my loves! I just wanted to take a few minutes to update you on some things...the first "small update" is BIG news!!



My granddaughter has been born! She came into the world two days ago, and is the light of my life! Per my youngest daughter's wishes, I am not permitted to show you any pictures; but her name is Alice, and she weighed 8 lbs 2 oz at birth. She's beautiful!! And, officially speaking as a newborn Grammy...I can't wait to see my little angel; I'll be heading to Atlanta, in September, for the official meet-n-greet!

Next update....my chemo pill (Xeloda) is officially kicking my butt!! I was so tired, last night, I went to bed at 9:30pm (I can typically stay up until midnight). I've been able to tolerate four pills a day (haven't thrown up, yet); so after this bottle is empty, I'll take a break for a week, and start the next bottle, taking five pills a day.

My Oncologist wants to try and get me back up to six pills a day, if I can tolerate it. So far, on this reduced dose, the only side effects I'm experiencing are some minor hair loss and serious fatigue.

Last update...still praying that God will open doors for me to be able to move to Knoxville, by the end of the year. Of course, I understand that it's all about His timing, not mine. But, I've discovered that most of the apartments I qualify for have dishwashers, and some have washer/dryer hookups!

I've also discovered that there's a "Whole Foods" type store in the Knoxville area that will take food stamps (being on disability, I had to go on food stamps to be able to feed myself); and I'll be living within the city limits, so I'll be able to take the bus wherever I need to go...which will come in handy, since I don't own a vehicle! LOL!

I'm totally excited about the new life God has planned for me! And, I'm completely grateful that He continues to give me another day! I'm blessed beyond measure, and glad I can share my life with you!!

Have a great day!! oxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment