Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My New Best Friend - Dr David Browstein

As promised, I am back! Hey, today's my birthday, so I'm gonna take it easy, today.....hope ya don't mind! LOL!



While I was researching Dr. David Brownstein, reading his Newsletters, etc. I noticed he did a Q&A on the backs of all his Newsletters...so, I decided to share a couple of those, today! I'm not going to tell you who asked the questions, for privacy sake; I'll just post the questions, and the Dr's answers.

~~~~~~~~

Q: When I take my blood pressure at home, it ranges from 116/66 to 122/77. But, at my doctor's office, it went up to 150/70. Do you think I need medication?

A: Just because your blood pressure is elevated in a doctor's office does not mean that you have high blood pressure.

The American Heart Association says that normal blood pressure is a reading of 120 mmHg for systolic (pressure on the vessels while the heart is beating) and 80 mmHg for diastolic (pressure on the vessels while the heart is relaxed).

Prehypertension is classified as a blood pressure reading in the range of 120-139/80-89 mmHg. High blood pressure (hypertension) is defined as a reading higher than 140/90 mmHg. I can sum up these numbers in one word: rubbish.

If we followed the American Heart Association's recommendations, a huge percentage of Americans over the age of 40 would be placed on medications that they do not need.

In cases like this, where blood pressure readings are widely different between home and the doctor's office, I suggest that people have their home blood pressure machines calibrated at the doctor's office. Once your sure of the readings, take daily blood pressure measurements at home.

This phenomenon is often called "white coat hypertension." White coat hypertension does not necessarily require medication. I have many patients who bring me blood pressure readings from their home machines instead of, or in addition to, having the test performed in my office.

Finally, there are many other tests, such as electrocardiogram (EKG) and heart ultrasound that can also ascertain if blood pressure is damaging the heart.


Q: I was diagnosed with thyroid nodules approximately one year ago. Happily, the nodules were found to be benign. Should thyroid nodules be treated or simply followed to ensure they are not cancerous?

A: Nodules on the thyroid, breast, ovaries, uterus or prostate are not normal. When the architecture of the glands becomes damaged, nodules and cysts start to form. If the condition worsens, it can lead to cancer.

One cause of cysts and nodules in glandular tissue is iodine deficiency. I would suggest that you have your iodine checked by a healthcare provider knowledgeable about iodine levels.

If your levels are low, iodine supplementation may help this condition. Also, avoiding toxic halogens such as fluoride and bromine helps.

I have seen many patients cure nodules and cysts in their glandular tissue, including the thyroid and breasts.

~~~~~~~~

I may post a couple more questions and their answers, later today, but I think two is good enough, for now! LOL!!

Dr. Brownstein has an entire Newsletter devoted to the health benefits of iodine; and he's written a book on the subject, called "Iodine: Why You Need IT, Why You Can't Live Without IT". I'm totally interested in reading that book, now that I've read the Newsletter!

Well, I'm going to go enjoy my birthday...stop by my Facebook page (The Savvy Survivor), if you can! I'm throwing a birthday party, and I've invited everyone to post their favorite recipe that contains anti-estrogenic foods in them.

Here's a list of those foods....


Barley Grass
Broccoli
Cabbage
Cauliflower
Garlic
Kale
Kohlrabi
Onions
Sweet Potatoes
Watercress
Wheat Grass
Apricot
Avocado
Banana (high glycemic)
Berries
Blackberries
Cantaloupe
Coconut, fresh
Currants
Figs, dried
Grapes
Grapefruit
Honeydew Melon
Lemon
Lime
Muskmelons
Nectarine
Orange
Peach
Pear
Pineapple
Raisins
Raspberries
Rhubarb
Strawberries
Tangerine
Tropical Fruits
Umeboshi Plums
Watermelon
Almonds
Chestnuts
Millet
Herbs (all)
Corn
Winter Squash
Blueberries
Cranberries
Currants
Plums
Prunes
Flour, white
Rice (white)
Butter (grass fed animal)
Cheese (grass fed animal)
Cashews
Legumes (not soy/edamame)
Pecans
Walnuts
Beef (grass fed)
Lamb (grass fed)
Tuna
Veal (grass fed)
Venison (grass fed)
Wine (red wine)
Coffee



I hope to see you at my Facebook party...don't forget to "Like" my page!! Have a blessed day! oxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment