Translate

Monday, February 18, 2013

Don't Worry...Be Happy!

When I was first diagnosed, I seemed to have been the only person who was taking the news in stride...everyone else was flipping out about it. I totally understand why they did, but I'm not quite sure why I didn't. I'm still the only one in my circle who's attitude toward my diagnosis is "meh..."; I simply don't believe in worrying about it.

The Bible says we should not worry about anything; and pray about everything, with a thankful heart (Philippians 4:6). Jesus, Himself, asked if we thought worrying could prolong our lives (Matthew 6:27). Honestly, it can do the exact opposite.

Too much worry can cause a number of health concerns, such as heart disease, gastrointestinal issues, and accelerated aging, to name a few. Dr. Mercola says, "Most people fail to realize that you typically will manifest whatever you focus your attention on. If you are constantly worrying you will tend to have a self-fulfilling prophecy and experience the target of your concern through the very process of worrying about it."

However, there are several techniques we can use to relieve stress, so we're not worrying too much. Click on this link, to learn about one of them. Also, The Mayo Clinic has a wonderful article on stress management; I encourage you to read that, as well.

Another piece of advice the Bible gives, is found in Philippians 4:8..."And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." If we practice following this piece of advice, we won't have any time to worry! LOL!!

Have a great evening! oxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment