Translate

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Merry Christmas!!!

Yes, I know...it's still two weeks away! But, if I don't get another Blog post out, by then, I won't get the chance to wish you a Merry Christmas...so, now is as good a time, as any! LOL!!

I do see that it's "Update Time", so here goes...

  • I've lost another 5 lbs (so excited about this!!) I've only got about 65 lbs to go, before I reach my goal!! God is good!
  • I went to the Oncologist's office today, for a check up and a chemo treatment. He says he wants me to have one more treatment, and then we'll take a break.
  • During this break, he wants to run some tests (MRI, CAT Scan, PET Scan, etc.) to see if this chemo drug is doing it's job. I sure hope he tells me I'm in remission!! I don't wanna do chemo anymore...I wanna be healthy!!
  • Still looking for a place to call home, in Knoxville, TN. My sister says that as soon as her hubby finds a job, in Texas, they'll be moving down there. They'll be dropping me off in TN, on their way to TX.
  • I, officially, debuted as an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay, this past Saturday (finally!) I had invited about 10 of my friends, but only two ladies could show up. No worries, though...there will be other parties!! Here's my website, if you want to look around!
  • My Physical Therapist has given me more complex exercises to do! I'm getting stronger...praise God!! She also wants me to stand flat on the wall, for 6 seconds (10 times a day) because I'm still slouching, when I walk.
She says, if I don't strengthen my back muscles,
I'll be hunched over, forever!

  • Standing flat, against the wall like that, uses muscles that don't want to be used! But, the more I do it, the stronger they'll get...and it won't hurt so much, after a while.
  • I'm also practicing walking short distances, without the cane...I'm not doing too bad with that, either!!
  • And, I can now fix my own meals, as long as I'm not standing for more than 5 minutes (cereal, soup, toast, re-heating leftovers, etc)...I don't like using the microwave, but it's coming in REAL handy, right now!! LOL!!
I really should have my sister take pictures of my next PT session...that way, you can see my progress! I told her, come Spring, I want to start walking to and from the mailbox, outside.

So, there ya have it! If the muse hits me, I'll be Blogging a Christmas message...if not, I wish you a Merry Christmas (again)!! Love you, all....God bless you!!

oxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment