Translate

Friday, September 4, 2015

It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

No, this isn't a Blog about the Peanuts Halloween special; although, I am looking forward to watching that, on Halloween (tradition!). But, it is officially pumpkin season, here in the United States, and I'm excited!!

I love Charlie Brown...I love Fall....and I love pumpkins!! Pumpkins are amazing; they're nutritious, delicious and totally versatile!

Here's a brief run-down of just how awesome pumpkins are...

Check out all these amazing benefits!!

Did you see that?? So much goodness to improve your health! And, I love fact sheets...especially the ones that come with recipes; I can't wait to try that smoothie recipe!! LOL!

Some other things I've learned about the wonder that is a pumpkin are as follows:


  • Eating pumpkins reduces the risk of gastric, breast, lung and colorectal cancer, regardless of family history.
  • Eating pumpkins reduces breast cancer risk, in both pre-menopausal and post-menopausal women.
  • Cucurbitacin E, a compound found in pumpkins, has been shown to inhibit triple-negative breast cancer metastasis in the lab, by suppressing cell migration and invasion.
  • Pumpkins contain hypoglycemic substances that may improve diabetes.
  • Intake of orange and yellow vegetables (like pumpkins) may also be protective against prostate cancer and non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

I, personally, love eating pumpkins/pumpkin seeds...and I totally wish they had a longer harvesting season. I made sure to collect a few recipes, recently, so I'll have plenty of variety when it comes time to grub on some yumminess!!

Here, let me share them with you:


Pumpkin Pancakes - Chocolate Covered Katie
Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie - This Rawsome Vegan Life
Nutty Pumpkin Chip Cookies - Happy Healthy Life
Raw Pumpkin Spice Granola - Fragrant Vanilla Cake
Pumpkin Spice Ice Cream - A Calculated Whisk
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Donuts - My Whole Food Life


My goodness....I think I've made myself hungry!! LOL! Have a blessed day, everyone...and don't forget to partake in some pumpkin goodness this Fall!!

FYI - Try to buy organic pumpkins, if you can!


No comments:

Post a Comment