Translate

Friday, May 31, 2013

Survival Update

Although I've been on hiatus for a bit, I thought I should still keep all of you in the loop about things. An Oncology update, and an interesting  opportunity, are on tap this morning!

I saw my Oncologist, yesterday, to discuss further treatment options due to the growth of a few tumors...he said it was more a couple lymph nodes and a tumor; he even showed me where they were, using his own torso as a model. A node in my left armpit, one in my breast bone, and a tumor in my upper lumbar region have given him reason to discuss another round of chemo with me.

I agreed with him, and will be taking this round in pill form! I'll be able to do this at home, and can take the pills with me for my back-to-back trips to Atlanta, coming soon! The drug I'll be taking is called Xeloda (Capecitabine); I was told, this is a drug that only targets the tumors...my healthy cells will remain relatively unharmed!! Yay!!

I've also discovered that, thanks to my "detour", I've gained a few pounds back! Not happy!! My sister made an observation, as well; she said she noticed that ever since I went back to conventional/cooked foods, I've spent almost every day in my pajamas, and don't go outside much. She said, when I was eating my raw, whole foods regimen I was dressed almost every day and couldn't wait to get outside! I can't wait to get my teeth fixed, and get back on track!!

Now, on to the interesting opportunity...my oldest daughter recently joined Mary Kay, as an Independent Beauty Consultant. She's taking the world by storm, too...so proud of her! LOL!!

During a text conversation I was having with her, a few days back, I mentioned that I was praying about signing on with Mary Kay, myself. I certainly don't want to stay on disability, for the rest of my life...I don't do well with fixed incomes! And, there are too many things on my Life List (f/k/a: My Bucket List) that will require more money than my disability check can afford me.

When I mentioned this prayer concern to her, she answered back that she was also praying about my signing on...as part of her team! LOL! I had no idea!!

I've since had a conference call with her, and her Director, to get more familiar with the business; and, I'm now praying about if I should sign on now, which would help me save up money for my move to Knoxville, TN....or wait until I get moved, and then sign on. I just want to make sure I'm following the path that God wants me on!

I hope this Blog entry finds you well; I'll be back in full swing, soon! God bless!! oxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment