Translate

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Living the Experience

By now, I'm sure you've all caught up on my story...diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer, last year....living every moment of my life trying to outsmart the Grim Reaper. So, far....it's working!! Yay!!

I thought it might be fun to share one of my recipes with you! I chose this one, because I'm totally addicted to Asian cuisine...and can't eat it anymore, because of the soy. Boo!! My sister actually came up with this idea, and it works sooooo well! LOL!!

Enjoy this recipe for "Garlic and Ginger Infused Fried Rice"....(I don't use measurements....the ginger and garlic are "to taste".)



Frozen Mixed Veggies
 
 
Long-grain Brown Rice
 
 
 
 
Minced Garlic
 
 
 
Ground Ginger
 
 
 
 
 
 
Cage-Free Eggs
 
 
 
Ok, here's what you do....
 
 
First, you scramble a couple of eggs, and set them aside. Then you cook the rice, and heat up the frozen veggies (drain off the water, when they're fully heated). After they're done, you put everything in a frying pan; add the ginger and garlic (to taste), and heat through, in some extra virgin olive oil (I don't measure that, either!).
 
 
 
 
This tastes exactly like take-out!! And, is a very versatile recipe...you can make it with any veggie combo you like!
 
Always try to use non-GMO ingredients...and always, always use organic! Cage-free eggs are the best...currently, I'm on the lookout for grass fed/grass finished eggs, and will let you know, when I find them!
 
Let me know what you think, after you've given this a taste test!
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I am most definitely going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know what you think, when you've tried it, Pam!

      Delete