Translate

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Do You Get Enough Sleep?

Last night, after weeks of not being able to go to bed until after midnight (sometimes not 'til 2am), I finally crashed around 10pm. And, I didn't get up until 9am, this morning.




Ever since I began this battle with breast cancer, I've been struggling in a few areas....getting my internal clock to regulate, is one of those areas. While I was on chemo, all my body wanted to do was sleep; if I had given in to it, I would have been doing very little, except sleeping. Since I've been off chemo (four months now) my body is still trying to find its rhythm, once again.

I wanted to use this opportunity to touch on the benefits of getting an adequate amount of sleep. This is not part of my series on Dr. David Brownstein...but it's equally as important!

Getting an adequate amount of sleep can benefit the body in many ways...keeps us more alert, protects us from colds and flu, it can keep us from becoming obese, improves memory function, and so much more! I encourage you to research this, further...especially if you're not getting enough sleep.

There's a great article by MUSC Health that goes into a little detail about some of the benefits. You can read that, here. And, on this site, there's some more info and a few tips on how to get a good night's sleep, if you have an issue with that.

I would love to be able to regulate my body, so I can get on a schedule...but, right now...I'm at the mercy of my body, as it learns how to be normal, again.

Have a great day, and be blessed!! oxoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment