Translate

Thursday, February 28, 2013

My New Best Friend - Dr David Brownstein

Man, have I had an interesting day....too busy for me, time to deflate a little!

Here are a couple more answered questions, from the back of Dr. Brownstein's Newsletters...again, not revealing the asker's identity....just sharing their concern, and his answer; enjoy!!

~~~~~~~~

Q: I have Type 2 diabetes and want to know if it can be reversed naturally. Do you have any advice?

A: This type of diabetes is caused by a confluence of factors including obesity, inactivity eating a poor diet, and nutritional deficiencies.

I often refer to Type 2 diabetes as a "lifestyle" illness, because the great majority of patients suffering from it are struggling due to nothing more than poor lifestyle choices.

Eating a poor diet is the main reason we are seeing such a rise in Type 2 diabetes. The standard American diet contains way too much refined sugar, flour, salt and oils, and not enough nutrient-dense food.

These refined foods lack basic nutrients and contain toxic byproducts from their manufacturing processes.

This picture was added by me, guys. But, you get the idea, right?
This combination of nutrient imbalances, along with toxic overload, is a perfect recipe for developing Type 2 diabetes.

How can you avoid or overcome diabetes? First, eat a healthy diet full of unrefined food. Avoid all sources of refined sugar and fructose, as well as other refined products. Finally, daily exercise can help the insulin receptors restore their sensitivity.

My experience has clearly shown a holistic approach can help a person beat Type 2 diabetes. More information can be found in "The Guide to Healthy Eating" (I have this book...it's amazing!!)


Q:  My 17-year-old daughter has been on birth control for one year. What is your opinion of the risks of having her on them at such a young age?

A: Birth control pills contain synthetic forms of progesterone and estrogen in order to inhibit ovulation and implantation.

Unfortunately, birth control pills are associated with a host of issues, including problems with the thyroid gland, blood clots, heart attacks, elevated blood pressure, and increased risk of cancer of the cervix and liver.

Some studies have even shown an increased risk of breast cancer in women who took birth control pills. (I was on birth control pills for a while)

Regulating menses can often be accomplished by cleaning up the diet and avoiding allergenic foods. Food allergy testing can be done through blood tests or via an acupressure technique called NAET (Namburipad's Allergy Elimination Techniques).

Finally, heavy menstrual bleeding can usually be controlled by ensuring adequate thyroid function and/or supplementing with vitamin A. High doses of vitamin A (10,000 to 100,000 IU per day) can slow down heavy bleeding in the majority of women.

One note of caution: Vitamin A should be prescribed by a knowledgeable healthcare provider, as high doses can cause adverse effects.

Women who are pregnant should not take high doses of Vitamin A.

~~~~~~~~

The emphatic moments, in both questions (in italics), are my own interruptions; as is the caption, under the photo I shared.

The first Q&A is a subject near and dear to my heart, because both of my parents are diabetic (Type 2) and my Dad passed away when I was 13 years old, from complications of the disease. He spent his life demanding the right to eat as he pleased, and was very stubborn when it came to following doctor's orders.

My mother developed Type 2 diabetes later in life, and she's been dealing with it a little more maturely than my Dad did! LOL!

I, unfortunately, developed my Dad's eating habits; the end result is dealing with Stage 4 Breast Cancer, in my 40s. However, the more I learn, the better equipped I am to overcome this disease, and hopefully add some years that would have otherwise been stolen from me.

Here's to a healthy life!! Have a blessed day! oxoxox


1 comment:

  1. amazing web site good article.
    Great information. This works great for me. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete