Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Clean Up Your Life!

I'm sure you've heard of the term "clean eating"; right? It's a new buzz word flying around...and, all it simply means is doing away with conventional (processed), convenience foods, and opting for home cooked meals, instead.

When I came to terms with what I had done to my body, and the consequences of those bad choices (cancer), I made it a short-, and long-term goal to clean up my life! I'm so glad I did, before it was too late...I'm learning SO much!!

I'm starting with food; it's a difficult transition, for a couple of reasons. One, I'm living with relatives who have their own way of doing things, and enjoy the foods that they enjoy; two, after being stuck in my own world of unhealthy eating, my body is still adjusting to healthier foods! I'm sure it'll get easier, with enough time and practice; and, I've decided to clean up my home environment, as well....once I'm able to live on my own, again.

I've researched, and I've read article after article, learning how to transition from SAD omnivore, to clean eater (I've become a "flexitarian"). One of the sites I learned from, has an article explaining what clean eating is, and how to go about it. Click here to read that article. They have a lot of great recipes, too!

Are you considering a clean eating lifestyle? Here are some great resources for you, if you are:

Clean Eating Magazine
Eating Well Magazine
He and She Eat Clean
My Whole Food Life (she's got a great series called "Processed Foods Exposed"!)
The Conscious Kitchen
Eat Cleaner
The Organic Momma (she follows The Maker's Diet)


God bless you; and have a great day, today!! oxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment