Translate

Friday, March 1, 2013

My New Best Friend - Dr David Brownstein

Good morning, my loves! Happy March!

Every day I wake up to, is another day to impact the world...and another reason to want to wake up, tomorrow! In spite of all the hardships I'm facing, and the battles I endure, God continues to give me reasons to smile and love my life! I'm enjoying being 43 yrs. old, and looking forward to the rest of my life!

Here's a couple more Q&A moments from the Dr's Newsletters, for you to feast upon; I'm learning so much from this man! I'm certainly thankful that God brought him into my life....even if it's only by way of Newsletters and a book! LOL!

~~~~~~~~

Q: My daughter had her thyroid removed because of cancerous nodules. They want to give her radioactive iodine treatments, but she wants to conceive again. Are there natural alternatives?

A: Unfortunately, thyroid cancer is increasing at epidemic rates. The thyroid gland is at the base of the neck, below the Adam's apple.

Papillary thyroid cancer is the most common type and makes up more than 80 percent of all thyroid cancer diagnoses.

What causes thyroid cancer? Radiation exposure such as X-rays or radioactive iodine released from a nuclear accident or weapon can cause thyroid cancer. Anything that causes goiter can also increase the risk of thyroid cancer. However, not all goiters are cancerous.

Conventional medicine's approach to thyroid cancer is to remove the abnormal tissue via surgery and/or use radioactive iodine therapy.

I believe that surgery is warranted in a diagnosis of thyroid cancer. However, I also feel that radioactive iodine is overused and should be considered a potentially dangerous therapy.

Endocrinologists would have you believe that radioactive iodine therapy is perfectly safe with no adverse effects. They are wrong. Radioactive iodine therapy has been associated with increases in various cancers.

Radioactive iodine therapy works by having iodine bind to the thyroid; the radioactive material destroys the surrounding tissues. The iodine given in this treatment also binds to other areas of the body, including the breasts, ovaries and uterus - anywhere that iodine binds. It also destroys and alters DNA in these tissues.

It should not be surprising that radioactive iodine therapy is associated with various cancers. I am very cautious about recommending radioactive iodine therapy for my patients.


Q: Where do you find unrefined salt? Can you buy it at a grocery store? Do you recommend a certain kind?

A: Unrefined salt contains more than 80 minerals. It has not been subjected to harsh chemicals and bleaching that removes these precious minerals.

Refined salt has had all of the minerals removed through chemical processes.

Refined salt is the thin, white table salt that we are all so familiar with. Unrefined salt, due to the mineral content, should have color to it.

Which salt is healthier? Without a doubt, unrefined salt should be the salt of choice. I recommend using Celtic Brand Sea Salt or Redmond's Real Salt.

I have had both brands tested and the results showed no toxicity and a good mineral profile. These brands of salt can be found at a good health food store or online.

More information about salt can be found in my book, "Salt Your Way to Health".

~~~~~~~~

Now, the first Q&A is awesome; however, I have a huge problem with it! He never answered the asker's question. This person wanted to know if there were alternatives to radioactive iodine therapy, and Dr. Brownstein never mentions any. Kudos to him for providing all of that valuable information, but I'd like to know the answer to the asker's question, myself! I guess we'll have to do our own homework, to find out if there are any out there!

My personal recommendation, of course, is to take on a healthier lifestyle...eat organic, whole foods, drink lots of water, and get plenty of exercise. As previously stated in one of my blogs, cancer cannot survive in a body that's pH balanced. You can read about it, here.

I'm almost through all the Newsletters I received from Dr. Brownstein; when I'm done with those, I'll post a review of his book, "The Guide to Healthy Eating". Such an awesome book...I can't wait to tell you about it!! LOL!

Have a great day; and be blessed!! oxoxox


1 comment: