Translate

Monday, March 11, 2013

Happy Meatless Monday!!

Hi, everyone!! Happy Meatless Monday! I've started experimenting with different recipes I find on the web; so, this is my first official foodie Blog. Yay, me!! Please excuse the amateur photography! LOL!

This evening I made Moo Shu Vegetables.

It didn't turn out too bad...it was pretty good, actually!! I think I'll scale down on the sesame oil, next time. And, instead of the grilling sauce, I used BBQ sauce; I also cooked it for a little longer than the recipes says to, so I'll probably shorten the time, as well.

This recipe fed 4, and there's plenty of leftovers, for another time...as you can see, by the photo of the frying pan! LOL!!

Here's the recipe....

Moo Shu Vegetables

This was taken after we all filled our plates! Leftovers!!


Moo Shu Vegetables

Ingredients
  • 2 tablespoons smoky spicy grilling sauce (such as House of Tsang)
  • 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
  • 2 tablespoons ground ginger
  • 1 bag (10 ounces) coleslaw mix
  • 1 bag (8 ounces) shredded carrots
  • 4 ounces sliced mixed mushrooms
  • 1 cup bean sprouts
  • 1/2 cup vegetable broth
  • 6 scallions, sliced
  • 1 teaspoon sesame oil
  • 10 whole-wheat flour tortillas (such as Mission Life Balance)



Directions
  1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 30 seconds. Add coleslaw mix, carrots, mushrooms, bean sprouts and the broth. Cook, stirring frequently, for 8 minutes.
  2. Stir in the scallions, and sesame oil.
  3. Serve with slightly warmed tortillas.

I hope you enjoy this!! Please let me know what you think, when you fix this for your family! God bless!!

The toothpick was put in place for the sake of the photo! LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment