Translate

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Spring is Here...Allergy Season is Coming!!

With the onset of spring (although it certainly doesn't feel like it), we are now facing the upcoming seasonal allergy season. How many of you have allergies? Do you take any medications for them? Did you know you can fight them off, naturally?



I used to have bad allergies, to pollen and dust...now, it seems my allergies are more toward animal dander (my sister and brother-in-law have 2 dogs and a cat). As you know, I've been researching different methods on how to battle breast cancer, naturally; so, I figured I should research and see what methods there are to battling allergies, naturally, as well.

Here's what I've learned...

Best Health Magazine lists these methods:

  1. Supplement with "healthy bacteria" (probiotics)
  2. Load up on butterbur
  3. Take more Vitamin C
  4. Eat your onions
  5. Supplement with fish oils
  6. Look for adrenal support
  7. Pay attention to your diet
A more in-depth explanation of each of these points can be found, here. Definitely worth the read!

And, the Farmers' Almanac says these foods are beneficial in the fight for relief from allergies:
  1. Apple cider vinegar
  2. Local honey
  3. Lime
  4. Chamomile tea
  5. Garlic
Click here, to learn how to utilize them, and why they're beneficial.

The website Care2.com has some advice for us, as well. You can find that article by clicking this link. I love this site!!

And, Dr. Mercola has an entire library of information concerning allergies...anything from food allergies, to pollen/dust allergies, to pet allergies (no, I mean pets who HAVE allergies!), etc. I encourage you to check it out!

Mother Nature Network says there are 10 foods that fight spring allergies. On that article, they even list a recipe for "Allergy Soup"! I love when I can get a recipe AND some great advice, at the same time! LOL!!

HealthWithFood.org also has a wealth of information for us, concerning a nutritional approach to combating allergies. That article can be found, here. Some of the information may sound familiar! LOL!

There; you and I are now armed to the teeth with tons of information on how to fight off our allergies, the natural way, rather than relying on medications! Let's do this!! As you explore them, please feel free to comment on which ones work for you! I'd love to hear from you!

I'll try them out, too...and, I'll let you know which ones work for me!

Have a great day, and may God bless you!! oxoxox


2 comments:

  1. Having allergies is a serious matter. Once you see signs of allergies, you should have it checked for proper medication or else it might cost you your life. Also, self-medication is not advisable. There are medicines that might worsen your situation. Consult a doctor and follow their prescription; that’s the best thing you can do.

    -Leora Yang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leora, thank you very much for your concern, and advice! It's true, there are some allergies that could end a person's life, if they succumb to an attack. Very true...and very scary! And, I'm sure that those who have life-threatening allergies take their medications, and visit their doctors, as they should.

      I, myself, have been very blessed to have been able to utilize natural remedies as treatments for anything of that sort...allergies, colds, the flu, etc. And, I always encourage my audience to take care of themselves, with proper nutrition, even if they're on medications; because, that has always been the best course of action.

      Hippocrates, himself, said, “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food”

      Have a blessed day! oxox

      Delete